Location:
3525 Conowingo Road, Street, MD 21154
See on Google
Interactive Map

Website:
https://www.harfordcountymd.gov/1655/Agriculture

Quilt Pattern name:
Harford County Map

Colors:
Green, Blue, White

Owner(s) Name:
Harford County Agricultural Center

Artist(s) Name:
John Knott – Designer, Joan Hayden and family – Painter

Actual Location of Barn Quilt on Farm/Building:
Parking lot side of the building.

This quilt marks the beginning of the Harford County Barn Quilt Trail which takes you to all corners of the county.  It is a fitting spot since the Harford County Agricultural Center currently houses the county’s agricultural services and serves to interpret its agricultural heritage.  Next door is the county’s historic Joesting-Gorsuch House, which the county saved, relocated from a Bel Air golf course and restored in 2016.  The home dates back to the 1700s and is considered one of the county’s oldest structures.  There are exhibits and artifacts, like farm implements, in the Joesting-Gorsuch House.  Tenants in the Ag Center like University of Maryland Extension educate future agricultural leaders through the 4-H program.