2601 Harford Road
Fallston, MD 21047

See on map
Interactive Map


Quilt Pattern name:

  • #1   Star Spangled with a chicken overlay
  • #2   Old Mill Stream with over lay of chicken, and hog overlay) Also steer and turkey overlay.

Red, White and Blue; Green, Blue and Yellow

Artist(s) Name:
Jamey Bachman

Owner(s) Name:
Charles and Jamey Bachman

Actual Location of Barn Quilt on Farm/Building:
2601 Harford Road
Fallston, Maryland 21047

Edward Roach bought Tower Hill in 1904.  When he died, his daughter Agnes and her husband Will Bachman inherited the farm. Will ran a steam engine, sawed lumber, and thrashed grain. Also, they milked cows, shipping milk and cream to Baltimore on the MA & Pa Railroad. Agnes and Will raised six children on the farm.

Their oldest son, Charlie stayed on the farm working with his father along with raising chickens. Charlie also raised his son Butch on the farm.  They farmed together until Charlie died. Butch continued to farm and married Jamey. They raised chickens, corn, grain, hay, produce, and hogs. They sold the hogs to Esskay Meats in Baltimore until they closed. Jamey and Butch have three sons, Chuck, John, and Andy. All three sons help on the farm when needed, working together. Their youngest son, Andy now has his egg and poultry business on the farm. He raises chickens, turkeys, hogs and soon, steers.

The oldest buildings on the farm are the house and stable (circa 1860 or older). The barn was built around 1900. The barn and stable are an important part of our farming operation. The barn and stable have housed many bales of hay and straw along with many animals.

We have a small store on the property.  Stop by and pick up some farm fresh eggs, chicken, pork and turkey!